Builder Benchmark Studies
The goal of our Builder-Owned Mortgage Company Benchmark Study is to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of builder-owned mortgage companies.
The study provides participants with the following:
- The ability to measure and compare with the leading builder-owned mortgage companies.
- Compare and measure revenue and expense structures
- Compare numerous efficiency metrics such as cost per loan, income per loan, volume per type of FTE
- An eight year old database of key performance statistics.
- Annual round table discussions with the participants
- Data comparing builder-owned mortgage companies with bank-owned retail lenders
- Quarterly data on volume, income, expenses and revenue.
- A better understanding of peers’ publicly released financial data.
How participants use it:
- To cut costs, increase revenues and improve capture.
- To fine tune budgeting, by gaining a better understand of the drivers that allow employees to carry more customers effectively.
- To help explain the mortgage business to the parent builder.
- To gain an appreciation of your firm’s strengths and weaknesses and understand the characteristics necessary to achieve industry-leader performance levels.
- To gain a better understanding of the pros and cons of centralized and decentralized business models.
- As a measurement tool to perform accurate operational audits.
Key Study Metrics
- Total FTE’s compared to customers and units
- Total compensation costs relative to total closings
- Sales compensation costs relative to fundings
- Average sales compensation expense
- Operational production measurements and targets
- Revenue, expense and profit in bps and $/customer
- Capture rates by peer
Past Benchmark Study Participants:
CTX Mortgage • DHI Mortgage • HomeAmerican Mortgage • K. Hovnanian Mortgage • Pulte Mortgage • Universal American Mortgage • Standard Pacific Mortgage • First Equity Mortgage • MHI Mortgage • MI Financial • Shea Mortgage • TBI Mortgage
For more information, please contact:
Christine Clifford: (240) 423-8390 • email@example.com